Chatham Rock Phosphate Ltd. via its subsidiary OrganoSelenium Pty Ltd., The Director of Chatham Rock Phosphate Ltd. approached us via its subsidiary OrganoSelenium Pty Ltd. to help them mine selenium from plants. I developed a proposal on 'Characterization of PhytoMined Selenium, Biological Effects, and Putative Nutraceutical & Pharmaceutical Applications' and the final proposal was developed in consultation with the industry's director Jonathan. It was put to CPHMVS executives for approval but due to slow decisions, the industry pulled out. I had many meetings with the directors and they visited my research laboratory in Cairns and has potential for future collaboration.

Phurpa Wangchuk (Lecturer)
Organisation

Chatham Rock Phosphate Ltd. via its subsidiary OrganoSelenium Pty Ltd.

Type of Engagement

CONSULTANCY

Other - Specify

N/A

Date

N/A

Description

The Director of Chatham Rock Phosphate Ltd. approached us via its subsidiary OrganoSelenium Pty Ltd. to help them mine selenium from plants. I developed a proposal on 'Characterization of PhytoMined Selenium, Biological Effects, and Putative Nutraceutical & Pharmaceutical Applications' and the final proposal was developed in consultation with the industry's director Jonathan. It was put to CPHMVS executives for approval but due to slow decisions, the industry pulled out. I had many meetings with the directors and they visited my research laboratory in Cairns and has potential for future collaboration.